THE CARING VET OFFERS COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATIONS THAT HELP EVALUATE THE OVERALL HEALTH OF YOUR PET.
Regular physical examinations can detect problems in their early stages, before they become serious illnesses requiring prolonged treatment. Preventative medicine is the easiest, least expensive and most important way to keep your pet healthy. Early detection ensures prompt action, which may solve the problem before serious consequences occur. We encourage discussions about nutrition, allergies, dental care , mobility issues, risk of infections, and any lifestyle or age related changes.
REMEMBER THE OLD SAYING, "AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE"? THAT HAPPENS TO BE AS TRUE FOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR DOG AS IT IS FOR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY!
YOUR PET’S VISIT MAY INCLUDE:
- Obtaining a medical history and check your dog’s vital signs and record your pet’s weight
- Performing a comprehensive physical exam, including a dental exam
- Administering appropriate vaccinations given based on the age, health, environment and risk level of your pet.
- Fecal screening for intestinal parasites
- Blood testing for heartworm disease and Lyme disease for our canine patients.
- Blood testing for Feline Leukemia Virus and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus for our feline patients.
- Additional testing, such as blood tests and urinalysis to look for potential health concerns, depending on your pet's age and health.
- Discussion of heartworm and flea/tick preventatives
- Discussion of your dog’s nutritional needs, any age-related changes your pet may be experiencing, or any concerns you have about your pet’s health or behavior with us.
- Vaccination Titers.