It is with great pride and excitement I’m finally able to share with you my new book, The Best of Both Worlds: An Advanced Guide to Integrative Veterinary Care for Healthier, Happier Pups which you can get — for free if you’re a Kindle PRIME member — here. In the book, and in this video below, I try to not only educate dog parents (of course) but also demonstrate a truly holistic approach to your dog’s care.
Designed to be the definitive guide to truly holistic health for dogs of all ages, this book equips dog owners with the knowledge they need to navigate any health challenge their dog may face. Highlighting the strengths of standard veterinary care and alternative medicine therapies such as acupuncture, food therapy and herbal remedies, Dr. Selmer’s first book offers pup parents the best of both worlds. Here’s a quick snap shot of the book.
Please grab your copy here and be sure to review the book! Here’s a bit more about The Best of Both Worlds:
Dr. Selmer, based in Long Island, New York writes with the warmth, compassion and humor he brings to each of his patients and virtual clients, earning him a national reputation as The Caring Vet.
The Best of Both Worlds puts vital information at your fingertips, including:
- The cornerstones of a more caring, complete approach to veterinary care;
- An eye-opening approach for how to use food as medicine, complete with sample menus and foods to serve when your dog is dealing with specific symptoms;
- Separate chapters on conditions including cancer and paralysis;
- A full chapter dedicated to the most common and most challenging of symptoms: a dog who’s itchy and miserable due to allergies;
- Detailed information regarding vaccinations, spaying and neutering decisions and other health considerations.
With this field guide and crash course in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, you’ll be able to better navigate all of the veterinary options you have available to you. You’ll communicate more effectively with your vet. You’ll have the latest information on every aspect of your dog’s medical care when you need it. This book is designed to be a well worn, hands-on reference guide you’ll keep handy and refer to often.
Here’s what the founders of Pet | Tao
— Dr. Casey Damron and Dr. Marc Smith —
said about Dr. Selmer’s book:
Dr. Selmer’s “give yourself permission to be imperfect” quote is the mark of a great teacher. He appreciates every treatment modality he’s ever encountered and embraces positivity. We applaud his commitment to animals rather than traditions so many fear to deviate from.