A native of Long Island, Dr. Selmer began bringing mobile veterinary care to his neighbors in 2008. Despite countless press releases in those early days, the concept of Long Island’s only mobile & holistic veterinarian-on-wheels took a bit of time to catch on.
The demand for mobile veterinary care has continued to increase, however, and Dr. Selmer is seeing more and more patients “on the road.” Still, the whole idea of mobile veterinary care leaves many pet parents wondering, “Who needs their veterinarian to come to them?”
It turns out that a lot of pet parents need and appreciate Dr. Selmer’s willingness to bring routine and advanced care to them.
- Pet parents who have limited transportation options;
- Families with multiple young children (both four-legged and two-legged);
- Parents of pets that really stress over traveling to the veterinarian’s office;
- Busy families who appreciate the fact that we can treat their pets while they do household chores, take care of family members; or do their online Christmas shopping; and
- Pet parents who are disabled; just to name a few!
Mobile services include:
- physical examinations,
- routine and preventive healthcare,
- diagnostic laboratory testing,
- health certificates,
- micro chipping, as well as, of course,
- gentle and compassionate end of life care and hospice.
But, Dr. Selmer’s mobile services also go beyond the basics, as there are many common problems in veterinary medicine that can be diagnosed and treated at home, including, for example, itching and scratching, problems with the eyes, ears or skin, mild to moderate arthritis, and minor injuries and wounds.
Dr. Selmer’s MOBILE VETERINARY CLINIC will be at the Massapequa Dog Park on Wednesday, August 24th from 11 AM – 1 PM for a simple and fun meet & greet. We can’t wait to meet you there!
Here’s a quick news feature of our Mobile Services: