Our pets… They bring so much joy, happiness, excitement & love into our lives. So, it’s no wonder that statistics show that between 37% and 47% of households have a dog and 30-37% have a cat.
That’s a lot of pets!
So, what happens to these pets when their owners have long days at work or decide to get out of town for a week? As we all know (and understand) these pets are more than just animals, they’re a part of the family and deserve the best care. You wouldn’t leave your kids with just anybody right? When choosing a dog walker or pet sitter, there are a few things you should look for:
Here are SOME things to keep in mind when searching for your pets new best friend:
- If your potential dog walker or pet sitter runs an actual business, they should be able to show you proof of certification. Make sure that it is being done legally and not just by someone looking to make some extra cash. There is much liability!
- Make sure the person/company is insured & bonded. Just like car insurance, you may never use it.. but you need to have it just incase. Your dog walker/ pet sitter should have pet sitters insurance that covers things like: lost/stolen keys, damaged property, injuries done by pet etc.
- Does this person or company have backup? Emergencies & accidents do happen! If you are away on vacation and your dog walker/ pet sitter has an emergency… is there someone else that they have as backup?
- What experience does this person..or people have? Are they pet owners themselves? Have they walked dogs, cared for cats, fed birds etc. before?
- How will you stay connected? If Fido has an upset stomach one day, would you rather be notified by call? Text? Email? Written note? Decide what makes you most comfortable & see if it gels with the person you’re considering bringing in to care for your pet.
We are thrilled to introduce you to a friend of The Caring Vet, one of Long Island’s BEST pet sitters, one we highly recommend to our clients: Lindsay’s Pet Care Services, Inc. (LPCS)
This company checks off all the boxes! From staff training, to insurance… they really cover it all! They even have an awesome online scheduling system which conveniently allows their clients to request, cancel and even pay for their visits. (No more needing to call, wait for a return call, etc!)
Lindsay’s Pet Care Services offers: Daily dog walking, Cat Visits, feeding visits, potty/breaks, playtime & they’ll even drop your pets off/ pick them up from the vet or groomers.
Born of Lindsay’s love for animals & dedication, Lindsay’s Pet Care Services already has 6 employees, serves 15 Long Island Towns & has cared for over 100 clients… in just their FIRST YEAR in business. That’s a lot of paws!
To learn more about Lindsays Pet Care Services.. visit them on the web or email her at info–at– lindsayspetcareservices (dot) com or just call them at 516-524-5940.
You can also check them out on facebook & Instagram to read up on great reviews, and see adorable pictures & videos of their furry clients….we mean, best friends.